Thursday, December 4, 2008

Oh but to be a journalist!!

I decided to be a journalist back in my senior year of high school. I contemplated who I wanted to be for the rest of my life and journalism is logically ideal for me. It combines everything I love so much in the world, or that I do too often.

1)Writing, I've been writing all my life, literally since I was 7 or 8 I started writing my own books.

2)Sticking up for the little man. Not that I'm a revolutionist by any means, and I don't start fights unless I believe in what I'm fighting for. I've always advocated for those I thought have been wronged, and be their support system. This has started with me back in high school.

3)Being nosey.... I just am.


So, I knew there was a world full of deceit and lies, people are being wronged every second of every minute of every hour of every day. And there is no more powerful voice in this world than the media. People know about their world mostly through the media, and it dominates our minds. I knew I had found my calling.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I wanted to be able to expose this world where people are wronged, shine light on people who are doing amazing things that will never get the recognition they deserve, and help create awareness to problems so as to generate knowledge and even a desire to help change that.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The first step to any problem is awareness, and I want to do my part to play that role. So that's why I picked my topic: Journalist in Africa.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

After reading Waiting for an Angel, I was inspired to write my final paper on the suffering of African Journalist, and with my research I got really involved with the reading. I was inspired by people who I consider heroes to their countries, because these journalists aimed to alarm their people of what was happening that they didn't know about.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
So, I think my presentation is really going to shed some light and turn some heads. I won't say exactly what I have, because I hope to really shed some insight in my presentation, but I want you to keep this background in mind when you hear what I have to say next Thursday.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments: