Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Johnny Mad Dog

I think that even reading such a powerful book, I couldn't begin to put myself in someone else's place that has went through those things.

The thing that stuck in my mind the most was the family that had to go on after all of the strive.

Losing my father would be the hardest thing for me, I don't know what I would do with myself, and in this story, there is this girl who not only has to move on so quickly from her father's death, but pull together her mother who is now permanently handicap, and younger brother who is left in devastation.

The strength that it must take to have to mourn the death of someone who was your main provider, and the next, run for your own life, its too immense of a feeling. I find myself relating to her because I too do a lot of things with my father, my father is chief of our fire department, and I joined as soon as I could, and we have spent a lot of time side by side working on things.


I don't know how I could piece my life together when I'd have to leave it all behind, and play father. I just couldn't even imagine.

No comments: