Tuesday, September 2, 2008

This is me.

My name is Ashley Jane Wioskowski. I am a sophomore here at Western Michigan University majoring in journalism with a minor in writing emphasis (basically creative writing but the lady at the advisor's office wouldn't let me say it unless I was a major) and I also have a minor in Imaging

I am a writer first and foremost.


I am a firefighter (4 years) (currently on seasonal leave)..My father is the chief (he's been on for 15 years)..
Photobucket
Photobucket

I work for the Western Herald (so pick one up!!!)
I am a reporter and a copy editor (currently the youngest editor on the Herald... and it's quite exciting and intimidating at times.


Other things about me:
I've wanted to publish a book since second grade (sounds kind of weird, but I've never surfed the wave of normal I suppose).
I want to go to London next summer to study literature.
I don't know exactly what I want to do with my writing but I want to able to write for someone someday. That is all I've ever wanted.
I'd like to get a degree in photography and become my own one woman show. This could open the realms to travel the world writing/taking picture for my own articles.


But the future is FULL of possibilities.

2 comments:

Linz Adams said...

That is so cool that you're a firefighter! My boyfriend is a firefighter and I have the most respect for firefighters - you all rock!

Katthoms said...

this class should be good for you to learn and read about different writing topics. Good luck on publishing a book, thats gonna take some work. and ditto on the last comment you have my respect!